Sustainable Food & Agri-sector
By 2050 there will be nearly 10 billion mouths to feed. And though we produce more food today than at any other time in history, our food system is under stress. Climate change impacts threaten predictable growing seasons and grower livelihoods. Soil health and biodiversity are in decline. An estimated one third of food produced globally is lost or wasted. At the same time, the food and agricultural sector faces shifting consumer demands and changing environmental regulations.
These challenges also present opportunities for innovation, growth and new earning models. Rabobank believes it can have the greatest impact on four key transitions: protecting land and water resources, creating a low-greenhouse gas emissions economy, reducing food waste and loss, and increasing digitalization across the food system. With partners and clients at every step in the food value chain, we are able to incentivize and support food producers as they navigate the changing F&A landscape. With our knowledge, networks and financial solutions, we are ready to work together and support our clients through their sustainability transitions.
- Rabobank COP27 Food Climate Agenda
- Future of food
- FAO and Rabobank’s new partnership focuses on helping make food systems more sustainable, including through innovative investments
- Agrocorp receives USD 50mln sustainable borrowing base facility from FMO and Rabobank to enhance food supply chains in developing markets
- The financial model helping farmers become more sustainable
- Strides toward traceable soy in groundbreaking loan