Pride Amsterdam 2018: Rabobank boat wins first prize
For the third year Rabobank has sponsored Pride Amsterdam, one of the biggest Gay Pride celebrations in the world. Hundreds of thousands of (inter)national visitors came together to celebrate diversity and inclusion.
To truly ‘Grow a better World together’, we created the Support Card. Rabobank gave away its spot in the Canal Parade to the foundation Meer dan Gewenst, an organization that supports LGBTQ families. The Rainbow board members coached the foundation throughout the process of producing their first Canal Parade Boat. This new interpretation of sponsorship was a first, and the media coverage was widespread. The Rabobank boat won first prize in the ‘Best Statement’ category.
Spanning nine days, Pride Amsterdam includes:
- Pride Walk manifestation
- Pride festival @ Vondelpark
- Pride at the Beach (Zandvoort)
- Open Air Cinema @ Mercatorplein
- Senior Pride celebrations
- Canal Parade
- Concerts & speeches @ Dam Square
- Networking events with other sponsors
What else has Rabobank done?
- Various Local Member Banks donated water, ponchos, snacks and backpacks to all participants of the Meer dan Gewenst/Rabobank boat.
- Rainbow sponsored MidZomerGracht Gay Pride Week opening drinks in Utrecht together with Accenture and UWV.
- All RN offices flew the Rainbow flag on Thursday, August 3.
- Rainbow & HR requested all Local Member Banks to do the same. Approximately forty banks flew the flag (some even had flag-hoisting ceremonies with their local managing boards).
- Rabobank Amsterdam sponsored Meer dan Gewenst with an additional €2,500 from their Local Cooperative Fund to finance the boat’s creative production.
- Rabobank Amsterdam organised a private tour and reception at the Stedelijk Museum for their clients.
- A Rainbow board member posted a Blog on LinkedIn.
- Rabobank posted about the event from their Facebook account.
All in all, Rabobank found it a great experience to support this celebration of diversity and inclusion in a new and unique way.