Rabobank publishes climate report
On 24 September 2020 Rabobank published its first climate report titled ‘Rabobank and Climate Change – Making the change to safeguard our future’. With this publication Rabobank sets out its climate strategy in detail to the general public.
The publication shares our approach and the progress we have made so far, while listing our goals for the future. It provides an overview of our commitment and the actions we have already taken – in our portfolio, network deployment and partnerships – as well as the actions that we have planned for the future to sustainably grow our business. We focus on the most substantial parts of our portfolio: mortgages, food and agribusiness and our SME clients in the Netherlands. It includes our current emissions overview, client solutions, targets and transparency on (one of) the most urgent societal challenges we face: climate change.
We support our clients and the world around us by offering products and services aimed at protecting the climate. With financial solutions, plus our knowledge and networks, we commit to slowing down climate change and lowering emissions together. Rabobank wants to ensure that, by 2024, sustainability and tackling climate change are fully integrated into our corporate strategy, our focus on innovation and our daily client servicing.
Some highlights of our ambitions
- We aim for the average energy label of houses in our portfolio to be B in 2024 and A in 2030
- We support customers in the food and agribusiness sector with financing and knowledge to achieve emission reduction of 6 megaton in 2030 (compared to 1990) as agreed in the Dutch Climate Agreement
- We aim to have 100,000 Dutch SME customers to make use of our sustainable products by 2024
- By 2024, 100% of our Managed Investment products will be sustainable
- Solutions with leasing will support the climate transition
- We are accelerating the energy transition with investments in hydrogen and geothermal energy and more renewable energy
The report, as well as a summary, is available on our website, you can find it here.