Privacy and your personal data
You share all kinds of personal data with us, for example if you visit our website, apply for a job or conduct transactions with us. We process this data with care and we would like to inform you about this in a clear and straightforward way.
In our Privacy Statements we explain how we handle the processing of your personal data as a client or job applicant and what rights you have. We give examples to illustrate the explanation. Rabobank operates in several locations across the world, therefore we have developed separate Privacy Statements for clients & other individuals and job applicants for these regions and/or locations to best inform you. Please refer to the Privacy Statement which is most appropriate for your location and language preferences.
Frequently asked questions about the Privacy Statement
Personal data is data that directly or indirectly identifies you. If you are a customer (or customer representative) of Rabobank or you make contact with us, we collect and process your personal data. For example, we may process your data if you leave your name and e-mail address on our website.
We process personal data of the following persons:
- Customers & potential customers: we process personal data of customers and their representatives, but also of persons who show an interest in us, our products and services.
- Business partners: we process personal data from people who are associated with a company or organization with which we have, want to get or have had a relationship.
- Job applicants: we process personal data of job applicants who have applied for a position at Rabobank.
Processing means anything that we can do with data, such as collection, recording, storage, alteration, organization, use, disclosure, transfer or deletion.
We process your personal data for various purposes. In the Privacy Statement for your region or location you can read exactly the purposes and legal basis for which we process your personal data. For example, we process personal data to meet our legal obligations (such as Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Customer or fraud prevention activities) or we process your personal data because you apply for a position at Rabobank.
We only share your personal data with others in there is legitimate reason or a legal obligation for us to do so. For example, we might share your personal with other divisions within the Rabobank Group (e.g. if you do business with the bank in multiple locations or you make use of multiple products offered by the bank). Additionally, we might share your personal data with parties outside of the Rabobank Group, such as the Government/Regulatory bodies or third parties who assist us in the provision of services.
If we use your personal data, you have certain rights. You have the right to:
- Be informed – about how and why we process your personal data;
- Access – to the data that we have about you;
- Correction – of incorrectly recorded data;
- Erasure – of data where we no longer have a legal basis to process it;
- Object – to the processing of your data;
- Automated decision making – you have the right not to have decisions made about you which have a legal or similar impact, solely based on automated means;
- Data portability – to obtain your data in a machine readable format (only applicable where the EU General Data Protection Regulation applies).
Do you have a general question or complaint about the processing of personal data? Then contact the persons identified in the relevant Privacy Statement to submit your question or complaint.
Are you dissatisfied with the way in which your question or complaint has been handled by us? Then you can contact our Data Protection Officer. Of course you can also submit your question or complaint to your Data Protection Authority or the Dutch Data Protection Authority who oversees Rabobank Group as a whole.
At Rabobank we have implemented Binding Corporate Rules, the Rabobank Privacy Codes. This means that all entities, where Rabobank Group has a controlling interest, must meet minimum standards in relation to the collection and processing of personal data of its clients and employees. As an organisation we are committed to taking the necessary organisational and technical measure to protect your personal data when we process it and when we share that data with third parties.
In addition, all Rabobank employees are subject to confidentiality obligations, meaning that you can trust that your data will not be shared in an improper or unlawful way.
Rabobank has made a commitment to protect your personal data, however we also recommend several actions you can take to protect your own personal data:
- Install necessary software on your electronic devices (e.g. phones, computers & tablets) to protect their security (e.g. anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall software).
- Do not leave you unlocked devices or security tokens unattended.
- Protect your secure access to systems by logging out when they are not in use and storing passwords in a secure manner (e.g. via a secure password manager). Do not share your login information with other people.
- Pay attention to unusual activity such as phishing (via email, text or call) or security breach alerts. Rabobank will never ask you to provide your password or pin number to validate your identify when contacting you via telephone, email or text.
Prior to November 2020 we uploaded on generic Privacy Statement applicable to most of Rabobank’s Wholesale & Rural divisions. Going forward we will provide a Privacy Statement at least per region and where required we may also provide a country specific Privacy Statement.