Sustainability: Facts & Figures
Rabobank introduced the Sustainably Successful Together strategy in 2015. This program, which places sustainability at the heart of our organization, set concrete corporate targets for bringing together our business strategy and our sustainability ambitions. It laid the foundation for the 2017 launch of our mission, Growing a better world together, which places sustainability at the heart of our organization.
Our ambition looking toward 2024 is that sustainability will be fully integrated within our corporate strategy, and as a direct consequence, within services to our clients across the globe. By embedding sustainability objectives within each part of our organization, we aim to optimize our contributions toward the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Progress on SDGs and contributions toward four key sustainability transitions will be measured via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) specific to the various business lines, staff domains and subsidiaries of Rabobank. In 2020, four group-wide KPI’s are set for the organization:
- Improve the average sustainability performance of our clients;
- Grow the relative share of sustainable products and services;
- Reduce CO2 emissions per FTE in our own operations;
- Maintain top-5 spot among best performing diversified banks according to Sustainalytics.
We report on the progress of these metrics in the Annual Report and Annual Review.
ESG Rating Agencies
Rabobank’s sustainability performance is regularly assessed by various independent Environmental Social Governance (ESG) rating agencies. We strive to continually improve our sustainability performance and thus our scores in these sustainability assessments. The table below shows our most recent scores at various rating agencies. Details and rating profiles are available at the respective agencies.
In addition to its Annual Reporting, Rabobank issues statements and background documents about Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) topics. Find a list of such documents here:
- Rabobank and the Gender Pay Gap (June 2021)
- Rabobank and Climate Change (September 2020)
- Climate risk and the financial sector: sharing of good practices (July 2020)
- Statistics NL publication on Carbon Footprint of residential mortgage portfolios (May 2020)
- Rabobank tax policy statement (March 2020)
- Rabobank and employee training (March 2020)
- Rabobank and the political environment (March 2020)
- Progress report 2019 on Sustainably Successful Together (March 2020)
- PCAF Netherlands, Accounting for and steering carbon: harmonised approach for the financial sector (December 2019)
- Health, Safety & Well-being at Rabobank (November 2018)